Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Brook's New Babysitter

In just 2 weeks I will be sadly leaving my little girl and heading back to 22 first graders. Wow time flies when you are having fun. I can't believe summer break is almost over. Brook has always stayed with family and this year will be the first for her not to. This year she will be staying with my friend April. She is from the same town that I grew up in and she was my teacher's aide for 2 years when I taught Pre-K. When I moved to my new school she decided to go back to school full time. I also had her daughter in my class the first year I taught. This year she is going to watch Brook and continue to go to school at night and take some online classes. She came to spend some time with Brook today so they can get to know one another a little better. I have been so nervous, not because of April but just because of the fact we just moved, she will be staying with someone new and starting MDO at a new church. To me that is alot for a little girl to go through. (or maybe just her mommy) Today went really well though. Brook talked to April, took her into her room to show her all of her toys, and the best thing is she gave her a big hug and smile when she left!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really going to miss not being able to spend everyday with Brookie like I did last year. I guess I am going to have to come by everyday on my way home from work. I LOVE you Brookie!!!!!!

Laura Ann said...

Oh, I am so glad that Brookie got to spend some time with April today. I am sure things are going to be just fine.

We sure are missing you guys over here, but can not wait to start gymnastics with you guys in 2 weeks.

Our girls are going to be so cute in there...I can just see them now. They might be trying to teach the class in a couple months (ha ha). Oh, or they could just get in a screaming match with one another...nothing would suprise me.

I will call you tomorrow...we got disconnected earlier. Oops!